The Lakewood Transportation Company
The Lakewood Transportation Company was organized in Lakewood, Cuyahoga Co., Ohio, March 21, 1891, their fleet consisting of the steamer C.J. Kershaw and the schooners Moonlight and Ironton, and the officers were as follows: President and general manager, William S. Mack (now deceased); vice-president, William H. Becker; secretary and treasurer, William H. Mack. On March 20, 1896, the company removed from Lakewood, Ohio, to Mentor, same State, and its first fleet having passed out of existence purchased the steamer V.H. Ketcham and schooner Wadona, and elected the same officers to transact its business.
Return to Home Port
This version of Volume II is based, with permission, on the work of the great volunteers at the Marine Captains Biographies site. To them goes the credit for reorganizing the content into some coherent order. The biographies in the original volume are in essentially random order.
Some of the transcription work was also done by Brendon Baillod, who maintains an excellent guide to Great Lakes Shipwreck Research.